Pull Tab Challenge
Remember that the FYM is participating in the 18th Annual Pull Tab Collection Challenge for the Ronald McDonald House of Nashville!
Did you know that the pull tab from any aluminum can (soft drink, beverage, cat food or soup can) is part of a major fundraising effort for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville? By simply saving this tiny pull tab, you can help raise thousands of dollars to support the families of seriously ill or injured children receiving medical treatment at Nashville area hospitals.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville’s Pull Tab Program has an agreement with a local recycling company to receive a premium rate per pound for these tabs. Through this recycling program we are raising more than $5,000 a year to help with our operating expenses.
So why save the pull tab and not the entire can? The pull tab is more sanitary, convenient and more importantly anyone can participate. Individuals, schools, churches, clubs and businesses can join in the fun!
Interested in helping the cause? Here is what you do…
- You can participate, whether you are an FYM student or not, and no matter how many you collect.
- Next time you open a can, please pull for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Nashville!
- Place the tabs in a collection container, like a zip lock bag.
- Drop your containers off at the Church on or before December 11th!
Youth Christmas Event
On December 10, we will have our annual Christmas Event, a Progressive Dinner and Scavenger Hunt!!!
We need 3 host families: (Please contact Michael to volunteer)
- Appetizers @ the Peace’s
- Entrée host needed (5:45pm – 6:45pm)
- Desserts @ the Huggins’
We will also need Drivers to carry students around throughout the evening. If you are willing and able to do this, please be at the Fellowship Hall that day at 3:00pm. And as always, know there is a chance that a group will not be assigned to you depending on numbers.
- Breakfast with Santa will be our next main event on December 10th at 8:30am. Coordinated by the Young Adult LifeGroup.
- The Easter Egg Hunt will be our main event in April. Coordinated by the Bell/Whaley LifeGroup.
- Vacation Bible School will be our main event this summer. Date & details are TBD.
Current Teachers, please communicate any needs for supplies or subs to the Church Office. Also, to serve in this Ministry, please contact the Church Office.
(LifeGroup Hosts Needed: November 27 & December 11)
TODAY: Girls Bible class in Room 3, Guys Bible class in the Annex
December 4: Teen LifeGroup @ the Crosslin’s
December 10: Christmas Event
December 14: Game Night
December 18: PM Singing and Prayer Service (No LifeGroups)
December 25: Early Deadline for Winterfest
January 8: Late Deadline for Winterfeset
Child Sponsorship Program: Jorge Morales
$1,266 of $1,500 raised