Annex Building —
We’ve been given the green light on the Annex Building at the back of the property. Our immediate plan is to use this building as a Youth Center and take the existing 2 youth classrooms in the Fellowship Hall and designate them for Lads 2 Leaders (storage, gear, puppet stages, etc). We will spend the next several weeks getting the back portion of this building, where the kitchenette is, ready to use. We will begin using the existing 2 rooms and 2 restrooms, while the remainder of the building undergoes some repair a little bit at a time. We are excited about using this space and creating a safe place for our students and their friends, as well as a space that they can make their own and take pride in.
Summer Snapshot —
- Summer kickoff lock-in: On May 31 – June 1, from 9:00pm-8:00am, there will be a lock-in at the Fellowship Hall for grades 6th-12th. We hope that the students and adults involved with our Youth Ministry will pack it out for this event and invite tons of friends! The cost is $5.00 per person. Some things that might make their way to the lock-in include, but aren’t limited to: 3-on-3 basketball tournament, dodgeball, movie night featuring Christian films, video games, tons of snacks and plenty of soda, water, and juice to drink! We will end out time together with breakfast on that Saturday morning and wrap up by 8am.
- Uplift @ Harding: On June 8-13, the Fairlane Youth Ministry will be taking a group to Uplift at Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas. Online Registration through Harding is open until May 31. The cost is $230 through April 13th, $250 after. More about Uplift: Uplift is a summer camp for students entering the 7th grade through graduating seniors on the campus of Harding University. Each day, students will go to classes and hear speakers, with plenty of time devoted to recreation and entertainment as well. They stay in Harding’s dormitories at night and eat in the campus cafeteria. We are excited about what will happen this year.
- Impact @ Lipscomb: On June 14-22, Lipscomb University in Nashville, TN hosts Impact. Junior (6th-8th grade) is on the 14th-17th and Senior (9th-12th grade) is on the 17th-22nd. We will not be participating as a group this event this summer, but we would like to try to attend a couple of Sessions at Impact to experience the worship, speakers, and entertainment there. More about Impact: Impact is a summer event at Lipscomb designed to provide an atmosphere for teens that enables the development of a personal faith, which will impact their world for Christ. The main focus of Impact is Christ. We will just be going to Impact this year for a couple nights of worship.
- Mid South Youth Camp: On June 30 – July 6, some of the Fairlane Youth Ministry will be participating in Mid South Youth Camp hosted by Freed-Hardeman. Online Registration for this event, through FHU, is open now! The cost is $185 for the week. More about MSYC: There is a magical 77-acre place known as Mid-South Youth Camp located about three miles north of Henderson, Tennessee. Each summer hundreds of young people from across the country call MSYC home for one of the powerful week-long sessions. For years, MSYC has served as a place for young people to grow closer to God and to each other.
- Vacation Bible School: On July 14-17, the Fairlane Church of Christ will host it’s “Faith Force” Vacation Bible School; with classes for ages 2 years old — Adult. If you want to be involved with VBS, we need you! We need teachers, puppeteers, skit participants, snack coordinators, craft designers, registration attendants, and more. Please contact us for more information.
- Back to School Trip: On July 26-28, the Fairlane Youth Ministry will be taking a Back to School Trip to either Cincinnati, Ohio or St. Louis, Missouri. We will take in an MLB game, Amusement Park & possibly more. More details soon. If you plan on attending this event as a student or college/adult chaperone and haven’t completed the “Location Poll” yet, please contact us for the link to the poll, cast your vote, and help us decide which City to travel to for our trip.
~ Michael Rector